Saturday, June 6, 2009

Life After Death

Dear Correspondent,

First and foremost, I must sincerely apologize for my evident delay on living up to my own words. I made a promise to you a few months back whereby I vowed to publish my two cents worth of thoughts into the regarding topic as how I received it back then on that Island. However, regretfully not only did I fail to live up to those words, I even failed in putting the much needed thoughts into the regarding subject due to many reasons. However I do pray for your kindness and understanding when it comes to judging my past action and also my genuine answers to the pertaining subject which you are soon to read.

Before you are to proceed any further, I pray once more to distract you. Perhaps you might be curious to the very least, on my degree of oddity in treating the topic at hand? Truthfully, I only seek to address the subject at hand with much solemness for what else more does such topic at hand demands but solely the sobriety of the particular individual? Although, I am very much aware, that through that very process, I might ultimately seek to dodge and subtly mask the true nature of my answers.

No matter, from this point onwards I shall offer no more distractions nor feeble attempts of self-justification. I shall dive straight into the crux of the subject.

***

1. What is the one thing you regret not doing?
Not seeing or being with her when she needed us the most. Did not realize back then of the grievous consequences that would be brought forth many years to come later. In a way, that particular incident was the breaking point of an already sadden ship.

2. What is the one thing you regret doing?
Of being discovered and judged by one of the many I care most in the world. What I did led to constant fear and insecurities within me.

3. Who is the last person you'd want to see?
My family. And family to me only means the four of us.

4. What action are you the proudest of?
Overcoming myself. It doesn't deserve a standing ovation or anything of that sort but keeping up to self is dignified in my term.

5. Do you think you've lived a good enough life?
Yes. I am contented.

6. What has been your darkest hour?
When the very institution I am in seem to falter at its very foundation with the ship slowly being sadden to the point of sinking.

7. If you were sent back now, what would you do differently?
To be honest, I would have a lot of things that I would like to do differently. But knowing how it goes in the end, I do believe I won't change a single thing in the end.

8. If you could take back one statement/etc., what would it be?
None. I would not have anything to take back.

9. Why should I let you in?
I am afraid if I am able to reach to that particular point where I am to be asked with such question, I be just too tired to justify nor convince any further. I would simply say, "It's up to you".

10. Are you ready to die?
No. Given an hour, a day, a week, a month, a year or even a decade, I do believe I can never say I am ready for it. But for all that is worth, I have indeed lived a good life so far. Am grateful and contented for it.

***

I am indeed sorry and that once more I must apologize for such shortcoming for I can only do so much in our partaking for now. I shall leave the rest into your wise counsel. And may our next encounter bring our discussion further. I would love to hear your thoughts on this entire subject as well. Till then take care and do send my gratitude to Miss Linda for introducing such a thought provoking subject.

Yours Sincerely,
Respondent

2 comments:

benjamin said...

err, let me guess. smtg related to ur ns experience with one of the trainers?

Kar-Men said...

Nah. Nothing to do with those NS trainers or even NS for that matter. Just an assignment I gotten hold of during my stint in NS. X_X