Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Third Time is the Charm

WOHOOOOOOO!

I finally get to say this - I pass my driving test today! Thank god, thank god, thank god, thank god... If I am to find a word to sum up how I felt when I get those papers signed by the JPJ officer stating I successfully passed all 3 parts of the circuit driving today would be just one - relieved! I was and still am relieved over the fact I finally managed to get my P license! It should take just about 2 to 3 days at most to process but including delivery to home I am expecting a week?

Anyhow, for those who have read my previous post, you might remember me flopping my driving exam last month on April 20th. However, I didn't blog about my other failure which took place last week on May 19th. At that point, I was resitting for my road driving and circuit driving again. Somehow, I, Lim Kar-Men at that time managed to fail my hill slope again. Though, I did have a small consolation then with me passing my road driving.

So fast track to the present; today, I went for my third JPJ exam (hence the title). My lucky number for today was 83 (with 43 and 51 for the previous exams). I waited and waited till it was almost 11.30 am for my turn to come. When 83 was yelled through the loudspeaker, I walked mechanically to the car indicated. Once on first gear with the clutch gently being released, the accelerator was pressed on. Thump. The Kancil stopped at the yellow line with the front tyres on the yellow line completely. Thank god for that.

With that task out of the way, soon came the much dreaded task - going downhill. After failing twice at this very task itself, it had left behind a very irrational fear. A phobia of the car sliding backwards when the handbrake is being released was embedded into the mind. But alas, for today, that much dreaded thought did not take place. Instead, when the handbrake was released, the car went forward smoothly as if the whole thing was as effortless as breathing to a person. Thank god for that.

The reverse parking and the 3 point turn that came subsequently was done away without much ado. With the documents signed and confirmed, I have finally graduated from the driving school. I shall be a probational driver for the next two years to come. But I am not complaining.

On the contray, I am thankful. So very thankful for it.

5 comments:

AmY said...

yeah yeah~~
can ask u 2 fetch me
when i back 2 sp next time,
izit??
haha~~

congrat ya^^

Kar-Men said...

Lol, sure thing. Just make sure you renew your insurance policy and sign surat pelepasan before letting me drive me. >.O

AmY said...

lolz..y say so wor? takan u nt confident wit urself de driving skill?

Kar-Men said...

Hahaha, see la. Knowing myself it will take ages to be steady. XDD

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tx