Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Trip Down Memory Lane


A rough layout of the cross country race trek.


Yesterday was my school 7th cross country championship. Although, I am not your regular sport enthusiastic kind of guy, strangely, I was enthusiastic enough to participate in this year's event.

I
miraculously manage to finish the 6 km race within the allocated time limit despite having yet to recover from a cold I catch since last week. I can still feel my nasal being congested with god-know-how-much-mucous I have left in my respiratory system.

Anyhow, the main highlight of yesterday wasn't the cross country racing nor the very fact that my house bagged the lowest amount of points overall; rather, it's our trip back to memory lane afterwards. A few of us decided, to pay our primary school a visit, which is conveniently located right beside our current school.

It's been quite awhile since we last went there, so imagine the surprise that we are greeted with, when we met our ex-teachers. Most of them couldn't even remember our names. Even if they did, none of them got it right. I mean when has the name Muhammad and Raju been a standardized name for all? I must have missed that memo.

After much greetings, advices and salutations are being exchanged, we had the time to take a tour around our old school. Most parts of the school, are still familiar to us - the classroom, the hall, the garden and the unforgettable stench that still lingers in the toilet. We get to sit around the old wooden shack which is still standing after all this years (it was there, even before I went to the school back in 1997) and reminisce about the good old days.

The only regret I had, was not having any camera with me at that time. I would really love to take snapshots of the school. You know, for memento sake.

Though I do not have any pictures to be kept as memento for future reference of yesterday's visit, what I do have is a bunch of aching,sore muscles.

Together with a smile on my face when never I look back at those good old days. =)


---

And I got tagged by Mani to do this. So here you go:

Name:
Lim Kar-Men (it's a guy name, in case you haven't realized that and it's spelt with a "K")
Birthday: 05-08-1991.
Birthplace: Penang Island.
Current Location: Farmer's River.
Eye Color: Supposedly black I think. Yet at times, it look a bit darkish brown.
Hair Color: Black.
Height: 1.74m or about 5'8" (Aiming for 1.8 m)
Right Handed or Left Handed: Right-handed. (But I used to be left-handed when I was young)
Your Heritage: 100% Chinese.
The Shoes You Wore Today: Sandals.
Your Perfect Pizza: Extra spicy with extra, extra cheese topping on it!
Thoughts First Waking Up: Oh god damnit! I wana go back to my sweet, sweet sleep.
Your Best Physical Feature(s): N/A. Wait, does the brain count? Mines are filled with nonsensical and totally random thoughts. But if you still insists on one - I would say my teeth. Never had braces, yet they manage to turn out alright.
Your Bedtime: Around 12 o'clock midnight, I suppose. (Excluding the time I spent rolling around my bed relentlessly, unable to sleep)
Your Most Missed Memory/Memories: My Year 6 schooling year. Somehow, it turned out to be a really unforgettable year of my schooling life albeit the UPSR examination. And most definitely those debating sessions that we had together.
Pepsi or Coke
: Neither. I would prefer a glass of plain water. Refreshing and healthy!
MacDonald's or Burger King: Mac Donald I suppose.
Single or Group Dates: Single. I am the sort of guy who dislike a large crowd of people. The only thing you can get from a large bunch of people is some uncivilized fun. (fun=chaos)
Chocolate or Vanilla: Mostly chocolate. But an occasional vanilla is kinda too.

Do you
Smoke?
: No – I find it repulsive, senseless and uncivilized.
Swear?: Occasionally - YES. On a daily basis - NO.
Sing?: Out of tone -YES. To annoy people - YES. Together with some hums as well.
Shower Daily?: Yes. In fact, the only time that I feel relax and totally at peace with myself, is while I shower. Which explains, why I shower that much. (a waste of water though)
Have you Been in Love?: Of course! What kind of living human being wouldn't experience that wondrous feeling that is called love before?! May it be love to your friends, family etc.
Want to go to College?: Not sure.
Believe in yourself?: Most of the time, yes. But it is time like this, that I have doubt about it.
Get Motion Sickness?: Nope.
Think you are Attractive?: Yes, if you find a cynically, unstable, talkative and nonsensical guy attractive.
Are you a Health Freak?: To a certain extent, I watch over my intake of food. But to exercise regularly, then no.
Get along with your Parents?: I am being doing just that for the past 15 years of my life. But on certain issues, no way!
Like Thunderstorms?: Not when I was young. But I'm cool with it now.
Play an Instrument?: Nope. Not a single one!

In the past month have you
Drank Alcohol?
: Nope.
Smoked?: Nope.
Been on Drugs?: Yes. In fact, I just took it an hour ago. Antibiotics and flu med.
Gone on a Date?: No.
Gone to a Mall?: Yes.
Eaten a box of Oreos?: Definitely no. I don't really have a knack for snacks like this.
Eaten Sushi?: Yes.
Been on Stage?: Nope.
Been Dumped?: Nope.
Gone Skinny Dipping?: Nope. (but love to tried that some day)
Stolen Anything?: Nope. (but love to try that as well)

Ever been Drunk: Nope. The last time, was a few years back, when I was dared by my aunt to drink one whole go of wine.
Ever been called a Tease: Nope.
Ever been Beaten up: Nope.
Ever Shoplifted: Nope.
How do you want to Die: I hope in some dramatic manner where, with it, I can determine the life and death of another person. Like the one you used to see in TVB dramas.
What do you want to be when you Grow Up: Hopefully, a still sane guy. And I prefer a more low-key life.
What country would you most like to Visit: Anywhere I suppose, as long as I have the means to do so.

In a Boy/Girl
Favourite Eye Color: Anything, as long as it's not white or transparent. Course that would mean I just saw some supernatural entity.
Favourite Hair Color: Anything that is not too radical. Radical in the sense of rainbow colours with purple, green and red in it. I seen a bunch of crazy people daring enough to pull that of before.
Short or Long Hair: Honestly, I prefer long. But if it's a really trendy and stylish short hair, I would go for it too.
Height: Somewhere around average I think. With high heels, I am sure any height related issues can be easily settled.
Weight: Again somewhere around the average I suppose.
Best Clothing Style: Simple and clean. I don't really fancy all the flashy and uncomfortable clothes. No point putting yourself through all that just so you can please others right?
Number of Drugs I have taken: Hmm. Let's see, I taken steroids together with a whole bunch of other drugs before in my life. And I am only 17! Guess what's next?
Number of CDs I own: Only one. (and it was a birthday gift)
Number of Piercings: N/A (for now)
Number of manga owned: N/A (unless you count digital ones)
Number of anime: Watched tonnes of animes, but never officially and legally own one.
Number of Tattoos: Nope. Not a single one.
Number of things in my Past I Regret: Did something foolish when I was 12,13, 14 and 15. Other then that, I would like to pretend I had amnesia. The rest are history.


Now I would like to tag anyone else under the sun and the moon who is nonsensical/bored/jobless enough to do this.

0 comments: