Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Things I Cherish in Life

Of Friends and Family

As we are being born into this world, a family will eagerly awaits us. This family might be a newly wedded couple or even to a family of five with even siblings excitingly anticipating the arrival of their little brother or perhaps even their little sister. I am not likewise. When I was born into this world, a family of three patiently awaits me. They are my mother,father and my elder brother. Though I might be the youngest in this newly formed family of four, nevertheless I am treated with that much love and care. Like every other family, mines isn't perfect either. There are now and then quarrels and bickering of course. From time to time there are strife and so on. But we managed to patched things up too at the very end. We managed to settle our disputes and our differences. Through thick and thin they say. Yes, I have to admit we have gone through all the leaps and bound to emerge stronger. Stronger in the sense of our EQ. Wiser in our thoughts and judgements. Then there are also the usual family drama involving the three generations of the both side of my family. Both the paternal and maternal side. I am sure with both together it would put all those TV drama's in the TV to shame. Yet it comes down to one simple thing at the end. I am simply grateful and contended with my family. Sure it might be a bit rough at the edges. The shine of it rather dull. But it can be polished to be like some precious jewels someday. From a small little piece of rock into some priceless jewel, that is my family! I can't possible ask for more. There might be times I make mistakes too. There are times where I unintentionally hurt my dear family. But I am truly sorry for all the things I have done. I really cherish my family very,very much.

Friends. Our faithfully companion through out our life. How can anyone imagine life without them? Not even the world's loneliest soul will be able to stand alone. At least I know I can't. Friends can be anyone. it can be your childhood friends, your peers or even the old lady down the lane. Once a friendship is established, it's there to stay. An invisible bond tying each one of of us together. What this bond is formed of is an entirely different matter. It can be love, trust, lies, deceit and many more. It's entirely up to you to decide what your friendship is made of or rather how would you like others to see you as? I have to be honest. I am not a real sociable person nor am I the world's friendliest and warmest person. I am just me, myself. A person whom you might come across as a shy, quiet or even high-headed at times. But despite all these, that doesn't mean that i don't value my friendship with others though. I might not open up to others that easily but at least I tried. I tried my very best to help those around me. The least I can do is to be around for them if there is nothing else I can do to help. Friends. An addiction some might crave for. A seduction one might find it captivating yet lethal at the same time. A double-edge sword one might say. To all my friends out there, thank you for sticking up for me (if you have), thank you for being there for me (if you have). If you haven't it simply means that it isn't the right place, the right time or the right person , yet.


"The Mile: People come into our lives and walk with us a mile, and then because of circumstance they only stay a while. They serve a need within the days that move so quickly by, and then are gone beyond our reach, we often wonder why. God only knows the reason that we meet and share a smile, why people come into our lives and walk with us a mile."- Rick Aguas.

0 comments: