Wednesday, March 14, 2007

'-the glass palace-'

Having a so-call-holiday which is only one week long which half of my holidays is either already gone or taken up by some other stuff.Well I don't suppose you can turn back time,right? (>.<)!

Any way,the only goals I had for this holiday were:
>going through the camp in one piece (which I did already)
>secondly was to finished an unfinished business dat is to finished a novel which I bought for quite some time already.

And with much pleasure I announce dat I managed to do both. ^o^ The book dat I just read finished was a book entitled 'The Glass Palace' by Amitav Ghosh .A rather eye-opener book I must say.As I was reading the epilouge I was wondering to myself, 'why on earth am I reading this book?why on EARTH did I even bought this book in the first place?'

But as I begin to read futher,I was glad that I bought this book.Quite an entertaining and absorbing read.This novel is mainly about love,family,friendship,loyalty and the impact made by the war in this story.All of these is set way before World War Two in Mandalay (which so happen to be located in Burma) all the way to the year of 1996 spaning across three generations and spreading from India across Burma and Malaya (which is currently Malaysia of coz)

Through out the process of reading this novel,I realised that this book managed to raise a lot of questions in my head.All those questions bout war,loyalty and etc were never once raised.So yea,I have to admit.Even after I finished reading this book I am still thinking a lot over it.Guess it managed to make an impact in my life one way or another. -_-"

Any way I guess thats it for tonight.Gonna see my grandparents in Alor Star tomorrow.Wonder how things are going on?Till then I bid this blog sayonara! ^,^


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wat a holiday...swt
for me i sleep all day.XD.
haha it is quite nice to have a holiday like this sometimes, but i also very pik chek la.. coz bored..XD
well, have a nice day. and hey, teppei from WaT got a new solo. nice song.. go download from beyond the sea. fast fast fast~~