Thursday, May 31, 2012

Send Offs

In the past I used to find airports as a highly oyxmoronic term. It was joyful in the arrival halls with sights of reunion and hugging galore. It was also depressing with scenes of goodbye, unspoken worries and reservations. Dabbled with the occasional tears and high display of emotions, airports used to be those places that I want to avoid as much as possible.

Smooth; mocha smooth. Sniped from wifly72
However after the umpteenth visit to the airport, whether it was to send people off, to receive people or to travel myself, I am starting to appreciate the smooth, coolness of an airport. I no longer associate airports as this place of farewells and welcomes melding together. Instead, it's professionally  cool. It mostly well run with a likeable efficiency rate (minus those anonying travellers - you know what I mean). You can find yourself amid a busy terminal yet comfortably alone (so long as you are not lost).

I see in the excited faces of those on-boardees, myself being equally excited about the prospect of leaving a particular spot to travel to somewhere else. May it be home or some unknown land, that felling is so universally relate-able yet personal for each traveller. I share their concerns of the work or connections that they are about to leave behind. Expecting to come back to a pile of backlog or worse - nothing has changed for them.

I may have just gotten back from the airport after again the umpteenth times of seeing someone off, but I do know that I am pretty excited about my next visit to there. For it will be my turn to go through those departure halls and live through the other spectrum of flight and familarity once more.



1 comments:

steve said...

i know that feel bro...