Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 5

Dear Dreams,

To be frankly honest, I rarely think of you. Unlike the common Joe, I do not define you. Not in the strictest sense at least. When, I was a wee little lad, perhaps, all I had was a preconceived image of you - in a suit or a lab coat. But even so, it was because I needed it to shut the others up. It sounded almost like a mechanical response then. And occasionally, it still sounds like one now.

But I am slowly progressing. Inch by inch, I am starting to re-define you in a clearer light. I do not wish to see you from an economical point of view. Neither, do I wish to view you in terms of status or as a mere goal in attaining the fable "5 C's" of the malehood.

Instead, I want you to be my faithful companion. Through thick or thin, ebb or flow, high or low, up or down, I want you to be there. Omnipresent and guiding. I wish to be contented at any given point of my life. I wish to contribute as well as making a difference. However, small it is, I hope to at least preserve my ideals.

Can I count on you for that much?

With Regards,
Yours

0 comments: