Sunday, July 18, 2010

Home?

Present or past, I have always deny (vehemently) that I'm converting into a Penangite, Surely, I can't be counted as one just because I have been living there for a year or that my IC has a 07 in it? I still see myself as a budak SP. Jakun in nature.

However, over the last one year, due to the alternating between SP and Penang, I find it difficult at times, identifying which is my home. I know to some, the distinction between those two should seem very clear and that there shouldn't even be any confusion in the first place. I wish it was so. But it isn't.


Take for example, last Wednesday where I finally got back to the island after spending a long weekend at SP. I actually find myself, being excited at the sight of my place after not seeing it for days. Imagine that. I was actually yearning to get back to my oh-so-familiar bed and taking a hot shower in that oh-so-small toilet. Perhaps, it could be me being tired after having a long day, but the feeling of relief back then was unmistakable. It's a feeling akin to one being back at home after being so homesick for a long time.

Now that I am on this little island once more, occasionally my thoughts wander off to SP. Of my room and my mum. The only conclusion that I can think of to reconcile the glaring disparity in this bipolar feelings I have is that I now have two homes. One is my hometown while the other is my birthtown which is slowly growing into my second hometown. It may sounds absurd. Heck even, I find it hard at times, trying to put my thoughts into words, but this is the closest I can put in words. But pretty soon, I may need to leave the latter in search for another place to call my home for the next 3 years at least. Let's see then, how am I to reconcile the tri-dilemma then.

But for the records, I will always be a budak SP. Not a Penangite!

Ps- The picture above (Swiped from Dante C Leon) is totally unrelated to today's post, just that I decided to put in there cause it was a pretty cool mask that my bro and I got in the Bon Odori festival. His is the bronze one (as seen in the pic) while I got myself a green one. *winks*

8 comments:

Miss Kira said...

yup2..

*nod2*

me tooo..
always be an SP gurlz..
kekeke

The Half-life of Uranium-235 said...

haha, I share the same sentiment at times...

• Sharon Phang • said...

i didn't found the mask in shah alam.. lame~~

Jason said...

Felt smtg like that too.. Somehow it feels like home when i'm back in pulau tikus.. the roads and lorong all.

zixin said...

registered here. zixin lim adalah budak SP.
though i do feel like the home in SP is now as if my vacation house...since i will only b back there during holidays.
anyway, it is always b my home. no matter how :)

Kar-Men said...

Nabila: Eh, hang ni suka sangat tukar blog link kamu ke? Kena update sekali lagi. =P

Vj: True, amigo.

Siew Ying: But the one at Shah Alam should have more stuff right? Halfway rain at there. Major buzz kill. Managed to watch the fireworks in the car tho. XD

Jason: Haha, dear Pulau Tikus. It has been so long since I go there. Tell you a funny story bout Pulau Tikus the next time we meet.

Tze Xin: I second your opinion! XP

Charlotte said...

wow kar men, why is it so hard to comment over here?? a pop up ad always comes!

anyways, no need to feel bad. I had the same feeling too. Yupp, my home will always be SP too! It's the best place ever despite the limited entertainment -.- but i also have considered Cyberjaya my 2nd home too. why? coz i have and will spend so much time here. Meeting new people, adjusting to a new independent life and growing up from an 18 year old to an adult (hopefully i graduate when i'm 22)

it dont mean we betrayed our 1st home. We just found comfort in another place. Home is where the heart is! :)

Kar-Men said...

Chia Leh: I didn't know my blog had that much pop ups. Will do something bout it.

I don't see the whole thing of having multiple homes as a bad thing. More of confusing at times. But I second your thoughts on the whole growing up business. May you graduate earlier than most of us by 22 then!