Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thinking of You

I used to have a private tutor who drops by at my house twice a week to give me lessons on BM, English and Math. I had her for more than 5 years which was by and large a huge part of my primary schooling years and to a certain extent my childhood. As I was about to begin Standard Six, I vividly recall how she dropped the motherload of all bombshells then - she is migrating to overseas with her family in order for her to pursue her further education.

Back then, either I was too young to grasp the nature of such news or I was being completely yellow about it, that even till this day, I still feel that we did not part on good terms. Of late, I have been thinking of her much more than the usual 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' case. Flashbacks of the good ol' days keep on replaying in my mind like some broken recorder.

I may not have much mementos to cherish her these days as I reminisce about her, safe for my fallible memory. I know not of her last name nor of her current whereabouts for that matter. To make matters worse, all those years spent together, and I don't even have a single picture of her. As aforementioned, all I have now are intangible memories of her, two picture frames and a mee rebus recipe.

Nonewithstanding, I am telling myself, someday in the distant or not so distant future, should when I bump into her on the streets or in some other continent - I will know that it's her. No doubt about it. I will be running to her and give her a big hug. Perhaps, it's a good thing after all that we did not part on good terms.

'Cause it wasn't really a goodbye.

0 comments: