Sunday, June 28, 2009

Misplaced

As I'm typing this post now, I do not have any idea at all as to what is my main idea, elaboration or even examples for this post. I am only typing away because of my sudden desire to post something or anything at all in this blog. The very idea of being coherent is irrelevant.

Ever since I could remember, I always wrote my English essays back in high school with little or no planning at all. Only had a rough idea on what to write based on the question. Often, I would arrive at the concluding paragraph of my essays with a totally different effect I initially had in mind. Most of them being disoriented in nature were in fact disastrous to even be read by the teachers. I wasted too much time fantasizing of some great, stellar plot at the start of the exam only to realize time was ticking away. With the panic and sudden sense of urgency rushing in, I rushed to scribble as much words as possible with the remaining time. Grammar, spelling, tenses and all went by unchecked and uncorrected. The lowest mark I ever get for my free response essay was a 33 (or so) over 50 marked by Pn. Vasanthi. As dumbfounded as I was back then, I knew I deserved that mark in every way possible even as I re-read my essay again right now.

Essay aside, I guess what I was facing back then during the English exams is the same thing as I am facing right now - lost in an attempt to come up with something stellar and thought-provoking that will make people wooed by it to the extent of losing that precious moment. But with an exception. This time having a spell check at hand, ample of time with no particular dateline nor stress to compose that fable composition destined to woo everyone.

Nothing has changed so far.

[Footnote:Will be heading back to Penang in an hour or so. The classes will go on as usual, from Monday to Friday. Do count me to skip the Wednesday and Thursday classes though to make way for Hari Anugerah Cemerlang.]

0 comments: