Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Origin of Kuekuatsheu

Yay! A movie review after such a long long time. Jk jk jk. Not to mention I need a proper post. My previous posts did nothing but to highlight my er jobless-ness to even type anything?

Anyway, watched X Men Origins Wolverine on Labour Day. For those who know me, I am not exactly the kid who grew up reading such graphic novels/comic books on X-Men, Superman, Spawn, Watchmen, Spiderman or any other Marvel/DC comics for that matter. Rather, I grew up reading a bunch of Doraemon comic books. Well, Doraemon is more like a manga actually. Anyway, the point is that this review will be based on a non-fanboy perspective.

First thing first, the movie is like 110 minutes in length. So that is like 6600 seconds of Hugh Jackman for all of you out there. Personally, like I mentioned earlier, I ain't a fan of the original comic books out there (not much of a fan of the other 3 films as well, but I did watch all 3 of them) but after watching this film, I get the feeling that this movie is entirely made for Hugh Jackman, by Hugh Jackman and with Hugh Jackman - not necessarily in that order by the way. Hmm, maybe I miss out on the title - X Men Origins Wolverine. So this film is supposedly all about Hugh Jackman!


Do not be fooled by this picture! It is all about Hugh Jackman. (but in case you are wondering, yes the second guy from the left is Will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas)

The assembled cast of course is at the disposal of its main star. Throw in a couple of cliched elements such as a sappy love story, the revengeful yet jealous brother thingy going on, good-guy-gone-bad saga, some stale jokes involving a buff Hugh Jackman, the hack and slash scenes (more like clawing in this case) and the sudden twist of betrayal by the superior, hey presto! You get this movie.



It's all about the spades and clubs.

All in all, if you are free, jobless, bored (such as myself) this movie will be okay-la. I suppose for now at least. It does provide some relief from the above syndrome. Just gotta wait for the other summer blockbusters to be out at the mean time.

A mental note to self, never never use the staircase/fire exit in Central Square! That place just screams murder-by-a-drug-addict-and-never-be-found-till-days-later. Oh, the filth and scum in that place.

0 comments: