Saturday, December 6, 2008

National Service: The Prelude

Okay, as most of you know by now, yours truly is enlisted to Kem Lagenda Seri Negeri, Langkawi for the first National Service (NS) batch of 2009. I will be heading there on the 27th of Disember (yeah which means I get to usher the new year in a foreign unknown land, yay me!) till the 11th of March. Of course, in between I will have those short breaks namely for Chinese New Year. Other than that, I doubt I will get to come back to SP that often. Travelling to and fro from the mainland to the island is no joke. To be honest, I'm not sure I would like my family to travel every fortnight just to see me at the camp. But, I'll leave that thought for now. I'll never know how I'll take things over there. Might even run back home crying. XD

So now I'm doing a bit of whatever info hunting I can about NS. From their schedule to the conditions of the living quarters. So anyone out there who might have undergo this before, do share this precious info with me ok? Might help raise up my survival rate over there.

Well, what are my thoughts on NS? I'll keep them to myself. but I can share with you my feelings and thoughts about me heading to one though. When I first received the sms - "Tahniah, anda telah dipilih untuk menyertai PLKN" I was really laughing like some lunatic person that one would have came across in the loony town. My mum, was like why? why you la? As she went on a calling spree, I went on sms-ing people that I know to see who else was selected. truth be told, I wasn't the least suprised when I found out who was enlisted and vice versa. I think it could be my intuition back then (guys do have male intuition at times too you know!) telling me you be selected, you be selected. And true enough, I was! Perhaps it wasn't any male intuition now that I look back at it. It could be me, just being a negative and expecting the worst to come. Lol. After a few days, since the sms fiasco (because everyone at school was talking but it anyway), I didn't give much thoughts into NS.

Then somewhere during my SPM examination, the fragile peace, was broken with news, that some of my friends have received the letter from NS informing them about their camp and a bunch of other things needed to be attended with before reporting for NS on the 27th.
And of course, everyone around me and probably me too when to panic mode again. It was then, the prospects of me heading for NS really sank into me. I was like, "Where is my darn letter?? I want 1st batch la. And so on" by mid-day however, the letter came. As if everything was in plan, and the entire morning was just a test of my patience or more like my willpower to remain sane amidst all this. I'm to head for Langkawi. I'm to get myself an Agrobank account. I'm to get myself medically examined. I'm to fill up a bunch of forms.

In retrospect, I guess I don't really mind heading to NS. I'll will struggle, but hopefully I'll emerge unscathed or at least in one piece after 2 months and 2 weeks. (Funny eh, how the 1st batch isn't exactly 3 months? But I'm not complaining) I'm just glad I got my wish of heading to Langkawi and being in the first batch. At least I get to put my affairs into order before and after NS. It's my convenience actually. So what else more can I rant on? =)

Below are picture I stumbled across bout my camps while hunting for some info on it.


From the male dormitory apparently. Why so freaking steep la?


The place where the trainee are suppose to meet their parents.


The dormitory.


3 comments:

The Half-life of Uranium-235 said...

Karmen karmen...

you're already starting to scare me
and I'm IN SECOND BATCH!

you sound hopeless and hopeful at the same time

aish, ns ns ns....

Kar-Men said...

Haha, scaring you eh? That is a major feat all right!

Lol. But you be fine me thinks. Depend on your camp la. And yes. Being the highly contradicting person I am - I am both hopeful and dreading it at the same time.

XD

Wenyi said...

oh.
that's steep..

hope to have an easy life there..

KARMEN~~~