Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Scholarship, Chem and Eating Out Makes Me Cringe

Have you ever experienced moments where you are cringed beyond any form of expressions that you can possibly cook up to express how-cringe-you-feel-at-that-moment? Well I just had two of those in like, (what?) less then 4 hours ago. Once was before heading for my Chem class while having my dinner while the other was during Chem itself.

Well first and foremost, to put things into perspective, while me and my mum were having our dinner at our local restaurant (someone has to do something about the lack of selection when in comes to food in this sleepy little town aka Sungai Petani btw), the restaurant owner was all of a sudden very "chatty" with my mum. And well, knowing my mum, it went from the current ailments that are inflicting the youngs all the way to the education of today.

And like every other education talk going out there, this one isn't spared from the classic "Oh, I'm so envious of my brother's children! They are like all so smart and their youngest son even recently gotten himself a scholarship to do med. If only my sons were as smart as them...." And my mum will be doing her classic phrase as well, "Can't say like that one la, everyone also have their capacity or ability of some sort one ma." (implied to me actually)

So cringe no 1 was me unable to digest the classic and oh-so-weary-phrase-of-so-smart-one served with the usual dose of nevermind-one-la. I will be like ermmm, okay, can I just have my meal now?

Now for cringe no 2, it's far worst and more cringyble than the 1st one. Why? Instead of a restaurant, try a class full of other students. AND instead of some owner of the restaurant, it's you Chem teacher making you cringe so badly that you wish you had actually dug a hole and hide in it. For reasons of my own, I shall not deliberate any further about it. But the hints however is really big-give-away when you put me, Ahmad, Munes, scholarship and Pn Gui into an ionic equation.

Ermm, although I'm partially (?) honoured that teacher hold me to such regards, but when said to a cynic who also so happen to suffer from a case lazy-bone syndrome, the result can only be a very, very cringy episode.

Well conclusion?

Talks of scholarships and the-usual-I-envy-your-edu-success make a certain sledge hammer wielding peacock very, very cringy indeed. (as how the lemon below would make you feel)

0 comments: