Monday, May 5, 2008

Of Blood and Conspiracy

Okay, I have less then 10 minutes to blog down a tons of stuff today, so do excuse me, if things get a bit too hasty over here. (God know what this boy can come up with in the spur of the moment)

First thing first, it's been almost a week now since the Kuala Muda/Yan District debate, but people are still talking about it. About how the whole event was a cunningly engineered conspiracy to let us people win. Dah-lah kena proud and rude, (and not to mention being labeled as a bunch of peacocks), now they are going overboard by saying that Sir actually spoke and somehow miraculously managed to brainwash the 5 adjudicators before the final which led to us winning. I have one thing to clarify over here, I actually admit the final was a close and tough one. The SMK Bakar Arang actually gave us a run for our money. They were kinda intimidating and impressive at the same time. They had a very (or a rather) convincing argument going on throughout the debate. But we had ours too. It was a parallel debate, where the Govt and the Opp had two diverging arguments and caselines. So it was up to the judges to make sense of the entire debate. So can we all officially leave this matter to rest? Rather than taking up justice to your own hands with a very convincing tool which is the Friendster?

Next, still on debate, heard news that State level is going to be on the 18th of Jun in the SMKKuala Ketil school. (Can anyone help clarify on this matter though? It's yet to be on black and white.) A bit worried over the dates, seeing how late the State is going to be held this year. I mean compared to last year, by now we should have finish the state level. Is there a reason for the JPN to have this year's State this late? Have the people over there actually considered how we the fifth formers have to actually take our trials??

And on a lighter note, finally did the blood test experiment today during Biology. As expected, I'm in the blood group B. (but only found today that I am B+!) And I just realized, I have no notion at all when it comes to SH. Maybe it's just a few minor cuts, but overall, I didn't thought I had the guts to bleed myself on purpose before. But I was proven wrong! Yes, I know this might not be something to be proud of, but how else would I know that I have such a healthy blood clotting system?


The first attempt with the blood test. (I actually cheated by doing it twice seeing how the first time, my blood dried up so fast and there were too little blood to test with anyway)

Second time is the charm! (and in case you are wondering, it's all smudge up because I didn't dried properly before putting the card in the plastic)

Haha. All done in the name of Science!

1 comments:

Maalini said...

Ohmygod. I am so having strong blood lust at the moment. I thought there was supposed to be a conspiracy not to let you arrogant fellas win. Have lots to say to you about the news which is pissing me off, but I don't want to infect your poor blog.

First of all, people who know nothing about debate shouldn't talk. It's just stupid. I mean, all the schools which took part... how many of them realize the true potential of what the dark side is eh?

I may not be on the team, but is pisses me off to see you guys get treated like this. =/ And I'm getting some backlash too... so it's good to see what our days as a team has an impact even now, eh?

But more importantly... if you see blood spill in SP... I didn't do it. >.>

And speaking of blood... have yet to do my own blood test. D: But I suspect, for some reason, that you were right with your guess the other day. XP