Monday, April 21, 2008

An Oxymoronic Rubber Ball of Cheer

Nothing’s better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you. -Aaron Douglas Trimble

Today is a very, very strange and not to mention an awkward day. It was a mixture of jiwang-ness which also mean emo-ness (in English) and also a self realizing (or shall I say an enlightening) moment of my life.

I admit I am an introvert. And for the being the cynical introvert that I am, I don't open up that easily. So when I decided to speak up today - it was kinda funny, uncomfortable and yet it has that dash of familiarity in it.

It started with me discussing (more like contemplating) about the prospect of the team for what seems like a gazillion time with Ben. Of late we kept on having these kind of discussions, which I have to admit brought in more questions than answers in them.

After of our very long walk to the front of the school gate and all the way back to our 'all-holy-room', we decided it's time to be outright honest with the others. (Or at least I think so?)

First it was Vijay. Then, the same thing was repeated to Putra. I would love to say it was a heart to heart talk where we finally get to iron up all the reluctance, issues and hesitance pent up among ourselves but the real solution came in the form of a girl who calls herself an oyxmoronic rubber ball of cheer. (yes you know who I am talking about!)

The answer was simple, direct and straight-to-the-point.

I can now proudly admit, there aren't anything left holding us back to run that 400m 400X5m race!

Thanks everyone!


PS-And thanks for the timely wake up call! I really need a good smack on my head back then!
PPS- And to my personal belief, I think Ben need one too. Right, Ben? *poke*

1 comments:

Maalini said...

Ah... I am so awesome. :D Never forget it and the power of my almighty whacks.

What would you insignificant creatures do without me?

Kidding, kidding. XP