Friday, February 15, 2008

Esprit De Corps II

Yesterday was one heck of a day! And no I am not talking about how great my Valentine day was (I might write a post about it latter). It was my school's annual Sport's Day! By now, I am sure you guys have figured out how obsessive this dear blogger can be when it comes competition even when it's regarding such hypothetical subject a.k.a sports.

Anyhow, as expected, at the end of the day my House (Syed Jan) manages to cling on to the 5th position (the last position, in case you haven't realized that) through out the entire event. That gotta be some sort of an achievement. Well, all those talks about dysfuncationality having it's moment - it was indeed a brief moment. But still, we manged to live through that moment and erm the embarrassment that soon follow as well.

Well the only consolation, we had for the day was that Syed Jan manged to bag the award for the best decorated house. At least the time and effort we spend together decorating the House wasn't wasted.



The winning trophy for the best decorated house!



The winning trophy and hampers!

_____


As much as I love saying this, but somewhere deep within me there is a little bit of reluctance as well. But oh heck with it, I will still say this, "Thus, ends my sporting career (or whatever that is left of it anyway) after my 11 years of education."

Thinking of it from that point of view, definitely makes all the blood, sweat, saliva (especially) and the other excretory products excreted through out this process all the more meaningful. And for years to come, whenever I look back at this, I can at least smile or even have a good laugh at myself and say, "What a foolishly and gullible boy I was."

And when that day comes, no one (and I mean absolutely no one!) shall ever take that away from me.




1 comments:

Maalini said...

Hey, at least you guys got one award. =D Congrats!