Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Big Fuss

I believe it would be an understatement if this week is associated with the word 'hectic'. The word 'hectic' doesn't even come close to all the crap and shit I have came across. (pardon the language)

First we have the very, enlightening speech entitled T.H.I.N.K by our dear old senior assistant. I admire his boldness of going up there to deliver a speech on absolutely nothing! Basically, he was just crapping his way through an audience of a 1000++ students who are conveniently too preoccupied chatting among themselves. So I doubt anyone realized that.

And then there was my Moral project work. I am like rushing to finish the 8 essays and 4 kerja amal by the end of this week. So far, I have to say the process has been a long, tedious and painstaking one.

On the other hand, we also have the very shitty and not to mention crappy running about that I have to do for my House. Apparently, my House have a very peculiar tendency to leave everything till the very last moment. Only at the eleventh hour, do these people start rushing other fools (myself included) to do their work. From the procession, House training, event listing,to the House decoration. The very fact that we mange not to end up in the last position so far, never fails to amaze me.

I guess dysfunctionality do have it's moments.

There is also the upcoming Saringan next week. I just found today, that some god-know-who enlisted me for the 100M, 200M, 400M, 4x100M and 4x400M event. Is this suppose to be some kind of joke? God knows what will be left of me by next week.

______


And next we have the Big Fuss. Even after 16 years, I am yet to see what's up with all the Big Fuss on the Chinese Year. Allow me to first list out the things that make the Big Fuss, well, a Big Fuss to be reckoned with.
  1. The Ang Pau/ The Red Packets/ The $$$.
  2. The reunions.
  3. The gambling.
  4. The boozes.
  5. The food.
  6. The open house.
But the thing is, I am yet to see what's beyond all this superficiality. The money? I rather not be at the gratitude of others. (especially with my extended family) The reunions? You get them all the time. (or maybe you don't) But nevertheless my reunions have little reasons to be desired with. The gambling and card games? Sorry, I don't do those kind of stuff. The boozes and drinks? Well, why should one limit oneself to boozes at a single occasion only? If one doesn't mind burning his or her liver away, I see no reasons why he or she should refrain from drinking on every other day. The food? It hardly matters to me. You are what you eat and you eat to live after all. Yes? No? Finally the open house. If it's gonna be something as apparent as a social gathering and a status quo kind of thing - then leave me out of it. I rather be a hermit and live some where far away from civilization and preach on the meaning of life to the animals and tress. Who knows, I may well be on my way towards that righteous path.

The crux of the Big Fuss - nothing but a Big Fuss.

Perhaps over the years, I have gone astray and failed to see the simple joys of the Big Fuss.

But anyhow, a Big Fuss is still a Big Fuss after all. So one must be all merry and joyous about it. So here I am wishing all my dear readers (who manage to endure all this to the very end or for those who skipped straight to here) a very Happy Chinese New Year. May you be blessed with prosperity, longevity and most importantly with the visit(s) of lady luck.

At the mean time, I shall use this wondrous opportunity to contemplate further about the Big Fuss.

1 comments:

benjamin said...

its in the norms of society to do so, cant blame humanity eh? but how d heck did u got into those events??? i mean, all those 100M, 200M, 400M, 4x100M and 4x400M events. teachers are not even supposed to let athletes take that many events, let alone u, (i meant that in a good way) some jerk juz put ur name, and some teachers are juz too busy to notice that theres smtg wrong with the event cos they are too busy "thinking".......

juz dont explode yet dude