Thursday, January 31, 2008

The End of January

In retrospect, through out this month, it has been sort of a roller coaster ride. There are the up and down moments in it. Moments – where you just want the ride to end, so that you can get your two feet rooted firmly to the ground. Moments, where you really wish for the ride to last forever, so that you need not face the reality that awaits you as soon as you step foot on the world below.

It will always seem easier to quit then to finish what you started. The same goes for finding reasons on why you shouldn’t carry on then to carry on.

But I believe, if you are able to overcome that self-imposed barrier, you would survive anything else that life mange to throw at you. In a more scientific term, Ea (activation energy) is needed to do so. And in our case, the Ea would most likely be your friends, family and so on. But if it's up to me to decide, I would say cash. After all, what serve as a better driving force than the big M itself?

Anyway, the last day of January is a well spent day indeed. The Sukantara event was surprisingly a smooth sailing event. Even with those minor turbulences in between. Well partly because, my usual sense of rational and yelling have failed me amidst the adrenalin rush that I am experiencing within my blood vessels.

However, with the passing of today’s event; once again I am forced to remind myself how time flies. It has already been a month since school reopen. Hard to believe, eh? And Chinese New Year is around the corner as well.

Yet somehow, the mood isn’t really there. But at my rate, I doubt I can recover my former enthusiastic-ness for all these reunion and socializing stuff.

But then again, just talking bout it won’t make a difference right? So why bother in the first place? Well simply because, I can. =P

0 comments: