Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Yuletide Season

'Tis the season to be jolly, guys! Not because it's the Yuletide season guys, but because of the promotional offers going on at the malls right now! Shopaholics will definitely rejoice! Heck, at this rate I might have to even convert myself. Never knew I had it in me.



Mid Valley Megamall


Time Square

Just gotten back from my KL trip. To be honest, I'm not really in the mood to blog right now. Damn tired. My back is aching and my head feels kinda heavy. At this rate, I'll need a holiday for hoilday-ing! But owing to several circumstances such as my growing scarcity of computer access and so on, I feel that it's best I take every single opportunity that I have.

Anyway, all I did over there with my family is to shop, shop, shop all day! From morning till night. With the occasional breaks for meal time. And a couple of movies naturally. Other then that, it was either walking store to store or queuing up all the time. By the way, have I mention that over there at KL - most people spend their time queuing up? It's either lining up at the counter, waiting in line for car parks or getting caught in a massive traffic jam! Oh god, keeping your sanity and patience at those moments are kinda tricky. Guess it's the price you have to pay for urbanisation, eh?

The new movies that I watched over there were the newly released National Treasure: Book of Secrets and also The Warlord.




National Treasure: Book of Secrets was another letdown. Sad to say it didn't live up to the the first film. The storyline was kinda lame and the acting was only so-so. Not because the actors were not up to par or of some sort, but rather their charters which they are portraying did not prove to be challenge. They are your stereotype characters found in your every other films. Having Helen Mirren in it, doesn't make much difference either. The only good thing about this film is that it's kinda short. Depending on how you look at things, but for me that's a good thing. The human mind can only tolerate that much after all.

On the other hand, we have The Warlord. A tale of three brothers sworn by a blood oath. Another epic war movie you might say, but if you are the sort of person who love watching shows like 300, then you wouldn't want to miss this as well. Not only it has blood and gore in it, but head decapitating, limb slashing, canon blowing and death in it as well. As a matter of fact, there are plenty of deaths around - most which are senseless. Some might like it. Some might not. Which makes you wonder, with all the violence around, how on earth does this movie manage to get away with an U-rating? I'm still puzzled over it. (the same thing goes for Beowulf) Basically, The Warlord isn't really my cup of tea but despite that I'm sure this movie would appeal to some.

On a side note, I would also like to mention that my movie marathon days are almost at an end. Not much blockbuster movies are being released and also school is gonna reopen soon. Sigh. But if there is a movie to look forward to in the year 2008 would be The Dark Knight. The official sequel remake of Batman Begins.



How on earth can you not be tempted to watch it, now that you have just seen the trailer? Clearly, the spotlight this time would be on Joker. My favourite lines in the trailer gotta be the following;

See.. To them.. You are just a freak.... Like me!

Let's put a smile on that face!

Why so serious?

*diabolical laugh*


---

By the way, I did another online quiz. This time from Mani's blog. Guess what I got?

You Are An ISTJ

The Duty Fulfiller

You are responsible, reliable, and hardworking - you get the job done.
You prefer productive hobbies, like woodworking or knittings.
Quiet and serious, you are well prepared for whatever life hands you.
Conservative and down-to-earth, you hardly ever do anything crazy.

In love, you are loyal and honest. If you commit yourself to someone, then you're fully committed.
For you, love is something that happens naturally. And you don't need romantic gestures to feel loved.

At work, you remember details well and are happy to take on any responsibility.
You would make a great business executive, accountant, or lawyer.

How you see yourself: Decisive, stable, and dependable

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Boring, conservative, and egotistical

5 comments:

Maalini said...

I'll say it again... I hate you! T.T Mid-Valley and Times Square look so awesome. =O And that quiz thingie... dude! o.O; It's prediction powers creep me out. XD

Kar-Men said...

Lol, I'm sure KLCC wasn't that bad,right? Beside, I regereted that I didn't insist on staying for another day. Turn out the day I left for SP, there was a comic fiesta. You get to see all those cosplay la! Dang! -_-"

And about the quiz.. I'm starting to think that all online quiz has a conspiracy behind it! No way it can be that accurate! I mean how on earth can an AI outsmart a human? How can they be better at analyzing people compared to we humans ourselves?! X_X

Maalini said...

Actually, KLCC was quite pretty, at the concourse area, but I was so busy taking them around that I didn't get to take pictures. >.< And I know!! Totally sakit hati. XD Methinks I'm gonna cosplay someday, if I can steal a decent outfit somewhere. XD

Blogger quizzes have a tendency to scare me, sometimes. o.o;; I mean, they know me better than I do. Wanna find out? o.o Perhaps it's some psychic algorithm code. Which reads minds! =O

Kar-Men said...

Ahh.. There are plenty of characters that you can cosplay. Haha. Bet that would be fun eh? XD

And yes.. There must be a conspiracy involving all those tests. Psychic algorithm code sounds right to me at least.I'm gonna be the first person to uncover it I tell ya!

Maalini said...

At the moment, I see myself as a ganguro girl, totally freaking everyone out. XD I hope that it'll be around college break next year, too. D:

Yay! Go Kar-Men! =] I shall be your assistant. Computers aren't as innocent as they look. =/