Monday, December 31, 2007

Taking Chances

This few days has been crazy and not to mention a time where spontaneous runs high. It all started when my brother suggested that we paint the room. It was totally random of him to do so, but nevertheless we gave way to it. It would be a lie, if I say I didn't wanted a new look for my room. Thus, began the nonsensical, crazy and totally random days of my life.

We rushed to the nearest hardware shop and bought a colour paint spontaneously. We went back ans started painting. It took us about 5 hours or so to paint the whole room. Well, I have to truthfully admit - the look of the room after it was given a fresh layer of paint did not go so well on any of us. Including myself who ironically choose the colour in the first place. There were several conflicts and misunderstandings beyond that point.

However the next day, we went to the hardware store again to buy yet another colour paint. See, I told you those days were one of the most random and spontaneous days ever! Anyway, without much ado, we went a paint a new layer of paint over the old one.

Have to say, the final look is something that I can live with it for the rest of my life or sojourn over here at SP. (which means good in my book) Below are pictures of my room taken before and after the process of painting;



Pardon for the lack of picture quality. What can I say about myself, other than being an amateur cameraman that I am? =P


----


On an unrelated sidenote, took another online quiz. This time, it's about which house you will be sorted to in Hogwarts. At first before taking the test, I was like okay,being a cynic that I am - I thought to myself, this is probably one of those few online quizzes that I can predict. However, I couldn't be much wrong than that. For you see, I got sorted into the House of Slytherin!

The sorting hat says that I belong in Slytherinr!




Said Slytherin, "We'll teach just those whose ancestry is purest."


Slytherin students are typically cunning and hungry for power. Important members include Draco Malfoy (Harry's nemesis), Professor Severus Snape (head of Slytherin), and Lord Voldemort.









Take the most scientific Harry Potter
Quiz
ever created.

Get Sorted Now!



Surprising isn't it? Well, at least I was. Oh well, being a Slytherin ain't that bad I suppose. I like Severus Snape. And having the ability to talk to snakes is kinda cool if you ask me. (though I don't share much love for snakes or any other reptiles for that matter)

*all credit must go to Mani, as I once again took the quiz from her weblog*


----



Owing to the fact that, starting from tomorrow we will be in the year of 2008 - I feel that it's best I jot down the highlights of 2007.

Top 5 Highlights of 2007
  1. Debate. (Need I say more?)
  2. Making new friends and acquaintances. (Met all sort of people from different walks of life, regardless of the circumstances and situation)
  3. Going around places. (Travel the most this year compared to the past years)
  4. School. (I know it sounds kinda lame of me to include school, but heck spending more than a quarter of your life in it, bound to bring some significance right? Not to mention with all those exams/functions/duties/obligations) *cough*
  5. Self-enlightmen. (Learned all sort of stuff this year, mainly in the linguistic, philosophy and living skills departments. Art, music and social? None at all.)

And New Year wouldn't be complete without New Year resolutions, right? So here are my New Year Resolutions for 2008.

Kar-Men's New Year Resolutions for 2008
  1. Scoring in SPM trials and the actual SPM examination as well.
  2. Repeat/maintain /outdo last year's feat in debate.
  3. Improve/Hon/Sharpen my living skills such as cooking, sewing, etc.
  4. Brush up/Pick up new languages mainly Mandarin and Japanese if I'm lucky.
  5. Treat those around me better namely, friends and family.
  6. Getting fit and gaining some height hopefully.
  7. Being less of a cynic, moody and stoic person.
I try to keep the list as realistic and basic as possible. No point listing something far-fetch and ridiculous right? So guys, why don't you all humour me with yours as well?


Happy New Year and Season Greetings to you all!


2 comments:

Maalini said...

Hey, nice colour for your room! =D Mine is... pink. =/ Well, light pink.

Anyway, I actually expected you to get Slytherin. XD Not that it's a bad thing, though. =] You're well on your way to becoming a dark wizard, my boy! XDD

Kar-Men said...

Oh gosh, you can actually see the colours from those awfully taken pictures?? *salutes*

It's suppose to be brown on one wall, and very light green on the 3 sides.

And what do you mean I'm expected to get Slytherin? Another heart attack. *collapses*

Oh well, being a dark wizard is a consolation though! =)