Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 7

Dear Y,

Initially, our interactions can be liken to a love/hate thing. I recall with the utmost fondness how you wrote for one of my Birthday greeting that "at times I like you for everything, at times I hate you for everything". I am not the sort to hold grudges, but I am still able to recall that till today because it perfectly sums up my thoughts on you at that moment as well.

Fast forward to a year or two later, I now find myself in an unforeseen circumstance. In almost every social and academic events, you were there. It took me an incredibly long period of time to take notice of, but something between us have changed. It has changed for the better. I would say we have grown so comfortable in each other's presence and attitude that at times, no exchange of words were necessary. No formalities nor pleasantries were needed as well. Because we can be that candid with each other. 

Hence, it is through this letter I pledge to maintain our candidness no matter where we may be or how old we may turn out next time. I wish you all the best in your undertakings and do spare some thoughts on me as how I would spare some on you especially on those bitter sweet days of reminiscing the joys of past.

Affectionately,
Yours

0 comments: