Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What If

The last 8 hours have been a most distressing one for my family and I. Without the slightest hint nor warning, my grandmother had a mini stroke. At the time of incident, none of us knew what caused her to become so emotionally labile. Her slurred speech may perhaps be an indicator of what is taking place. But really, we just panicked. It was sheer madness with a mix of confusion and fright.

In hindsight, the decision to bring her to the clinic for an initial diagnosis and the subsequent decision to send her to the hospital may be validated by the doctor's diagnosis of her suffering from a minor stroke. But really.. It was too close of a shave. All sort of what-ifs were playing our heads. What if we shrugged of the episode and opt to observe her for another night at home instead? What if the clinic did not answer my late call for an emergency check up? What if it took place at Alor Star instead of SP?

I am telling myself all that matters, is that the right course of action was taken and that most importantly she is now getting the proper medical attention that she needs at the ICU. However,this time around, the what-ifs are particularly harder to ignore. Not after what I have witnessed first hand.

4 comments:

benjamin said...

don't think too much about it. you're gonna get messed up. hope nothing happens k

Wenyi said...

Hope the medical people do whats best for her. *prays hard*

Jason said...

Be strong okay? Don't lose yourself.

Kar-Men said...

Ben: I think I'm still ok kot.. Just that, it was my first time dealing what seem to be case of hysteria. =O

Wen Yi: The doctors and nurses were extremely nice and helpful. Am grateful for their professionalism too. You pick a noble profession indeed. =)

Jason: Thanks! For the wishes at here and through the text message. =D