Saturday, February 6, 2010

Why I'm in Love with Thursdays

By far Thursday is still my favourite day of the week. Back when I was schooling in Kedah, unlike the others states, our weekends begins on Friday itself. I would be looking forward to each Thursdays with glee as it would signifies the end of a week's worth of schooling regime. There would be two days of R&R (minus the tuitions) to savour and to sleep in.

As of now, even though my weekends (officially) begins on a Saturday instead of a Friday, I am still looking forward to Thursdays on my calender. On a superficial level, as I do not have any classes on Friday (at the moment), I have the entire day off. Hence, my weekends still starts from Thursday. Amen to that!

But on a broader and deeper spectrum, I would like to believe that the significance of Thursday is not yet lost to me. If I am to probe deep enough, I might just find a plethora of childlike enthusiasm to look forward to on that day. I find the thought of waking up mechanically in the wee hours of the morning to pull myself together to the bathroom and having a meal before beginning the day banal and to a certain extent - horrifying. But if I can wake up to the thought of, "Hey, it's a Thursday!" and jump out of the bed with an eagerness to start the day, I would generally find the day to be very fulfilling and be in a genuinely good mood through out the day.

As such, Thursdays are my weekly dose of endorphins.




Took this picture at the Penang Bowl. Inherently, I decided to mess around with the photo customization.

0 comments: