Thursday, March 26, 2009

Because Shit Happens

For all that is worth, I think I miss studying very much. Or at least how it was back then, when all I had to worry was getting through the examinations. One after another. Occasionally, there were other things on my plate. Extra-curriculum activities, teenage angst, domestic issues and so on. They are the part and parcel of life back then.

So fast forward to the present. The year of 09. I am turning 18 this coming August. The year of adulthood. A milestone for maturity. In the eyes of many, at this age, I am suppose to be able to make decisions on my own. To be able to decide what is best for myself. To know what I want and work out for it.

To be honest I don't think the above descriptions describe me in one bit. I would very much like to think of myself in that way. Determined, head-strong and clear headed. Yet, I am making allowances or rather excuses for myself by saying I really do hate this part of the road. Given any day, I will be glad to take a road without juncture any time. Sure junctures are a integral part in life. They are the catalyst to events. They are commencements to another chapter of life. Nevertheless, I still prefer a road with junctures for now at least. Perhaps, years from now, when I am in my forties, maybe then I will truly appreciate the gift of having to choose and differentiate one juncture from another. Maybe then, I will have the maturity, confidence and clarity.

For now, I think this is the best time for a timely reminder for myself of the golden phrase -

SHIT HAPPENS

A timely reminder indeed.

0 comments: