Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Tsunami of Updates

Been awhile since I last did an update on the happenings of my daily life. Guess I have a pretty dull life isn't it? Anyhow, these are the few highlights for the past week;

The EST Saga
Surprisingly, how a subject which was once dubbed as the Extremely Simple Test (I made that one up) can turn out to be such a hassle? The recent release of the 2007 SPM result was in fact the cause of all these ruckus. You see, for my school only had a handful of students who manged to bagged an A for it. (4 students with A1 and 12 students with A2 to be exact) When our EST teacher announced that last year's benchmark of getting an A1 is 90 and above, the students went berserk about it. The issue of dropping EST became a heated debate.

Everyone started asking whether I will drop it as well. And for the god-knows-what-time I had to repeat the same answer which is; NO! First and foremost, it's because I have already made up my mind when I signed my conformation slip. Secondly, I feel that depriving one's opportunity to try something on the pretext of afraid to fail is a very foolish thing indeed. Third, you may call it sheer insanity or pure guts (I don't really care which one is it) but for all that is worth - I would really like to carry on (more like finishing it) what I started. So, guys I would really appreciate if you let this whole saga be and move on, will ya?

Snapshots on Life
Yes, as of this week, the school's photography club is already taking class pictures, graduation pictures and so on. So it's gonna be kinda busy at school but heck it's extremely funny all the same. (especially with the 'informal' shots)

Will post some of those pictures as soon as I get my hands on them. *grins*

The Debating Fever
Been bitten by the debating bug, just had our first mock yesterday. Have to say it was somewhere between weird, funny, a bit emo and of course meng-wtf-kan. As usual, it was immensely satisfactory preparing for the mock and just trashing it out.

However, also heard some very disturbing news about the several schools which we came across last year. Apparently they had lost in their respective matches not because of any shortcomings but it was the other way around instead. I'm not really sure to say this as a general statement but those adjudicators are definitely a pain the @$$.

I'm seriously hoping that we don't come across these kind of 'ill fortune' again. I know shit happens for a reason, but a one time shitty event is more than enough to leave my taste feeling bitter. (even till now)

*touch wood*

The Roadblock Ahead
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, after two weeks or so, I'm yet to finish my essay for the IMPAC Dublin. Personally, I have lost all hopes in it, but I'm still trying to push what ever ounce of brain juice I have left stored in my hallow little head. This is so depressing.

The Fallen Door
The door literally fell off from my van when we were on our way home today. The stupid thing just slided of it's track when I opened it and it came crashing. We spent almost an hour at the road junction trying to put it back on. After several unsuccessful attempts, the van driver had to drive all the way to the nearest mechanic with us clinging on the door as tightly as we could. It was really a meng-wtf-kan moment of my life. I mean I knew the stupid door has a history of falling of, but I just didn't expect it would pull that stupid stunt today. Argh. Frustrating indeed.

1 comments:

benjamin said...

at least no one was crushed by the door, then it would really be dahsyat!!!.....when will that happen to my serena?....then i can accidentally kill someone...