Friday, November 23, 2007

Ranting on SPM 2008

So there I was, surfing the Internet for some enlightenment as I stumble upon this rather prajna site. Guess what? It's none other then our very own Lembaga Peperiksaan Malaysia website! So out of curiosity, I have a little peep at it. And guess what else I managed to find?

The 2008 SPM timetable! Mind you, according to that site the timetable is supposed to be a cadangan only.


The timetable above is only a mere fraction of it. You can have a proper look at the rest of the timetable over here.

What freaks me out is that the number of days allocated for the SPM examination is about 16 days only! 16 days might seem as a rather long and tedious time frame, but for a Science stream student who is only taking 11 subjects like myself, the actual number of days where you have to actually attend school to take the exams are only 11 days! Provided this time table is implemented next year.

A few years back, the SPM examination might even take up a whole month. During my brother year, their SPM took about one month and a half - with all the in-between-break such as the Hari Raya and Deepavali celebrations of course. Of late however, the Lembaga seems to prefer a shorter time frame for the SPM examination. This is probably due to all the complaints the Lembaga is receiving from the public namely the parents.

I know some of you out there might think that, oh the faster we finish the better. But somehow, I don't seem to like the idea of cramming all 11 subjects with each subject consisting at least one paper or even up to three papers within just 11 days. Doesn't all this seems a bit hectic to you?

Then again, the time table above obviously isn't the concluding version for next year's SPM. Well at least not yet - according to this letter.



Nonetheless, I can't help but feeling worried over it. It's written there, that the time table is considered to be muktamad unless there are any sudden unforeseen circumstance such as flood and so on.

Sigh.

Anyhow I don't find the prospect of having only 11 days of SPM examination to be an exhilarating one.

Perhaps it might be just me alone feeling that way.


4 comments:

parrotsim said...

do u know spm july paper format?isit same with november 1?bm has any oral test in july paper or not?pls answer my question..thxs..

Kar-Men said...

To be honest I'm not too sure on the July one, but what I do know that it has the EXACT SAME format as the November paper. It has the usual paper 1 and 2 which has the essays, rumusan, komsas and tatabahasa.

I don't think the July paper has any oral test.

reena said...

how if i want to take july peper test in english and mathematics paper?

Kar-Men said...

Well, reena, I think you can take it by sitting in as a calon persendirian but under a school. I am not sure the procedure for it though. Perhaps can contact your ex-school or the District Education Office to inquire. But not mistaken, SPM Ulangan in July only offer BM and Math. The English paper I don't think you can sit for it.