Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mid-Autumn Festival

Today is the Mid-Autumn Festival where people get around to feast on mooncakes and playing lanterns all night. Also know as the Mooncake Festival or the Lantern Festival.

You know a festival is known as an occasion for feasting or celebration, especially during a day or time of religious significance that recurs at regular intervals. In a modern day context however, I am afraid these festivals no longer hold true to their original purpose. What meant to be a celebration of a belief or culture is no longer adhere to. Rather mass gathering or celebration is held just for the sake of having them. In other words, partying for the sake of partying.

But I guess this is how it is nowadays anyway. People just need an excuse to get together and have fun. It's a good thing I guess. You know strengthening bonds, friendship and etc. Besides, one get to have a valid excuse to 'let their hair down'.

As for me tonight is like every other night. Yes there might be the 'dinner' with my family but other then that, that's it. And like every other day, I mundanely await for the next.

0 comments: